Calling Internet Explorer from Developer 6i Form

From: Jeff Whippo <jeff.whippo_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 00:05:56 GMT

Hi - wondering if someone could help:

My system configuration is: Oracle 8.1.5, Developer 6i, and Oracle Application Server 4.0.8 - all running on an NT 4.0 server. Clients are all NT Workstation 4.0. Application is exclusively web-based forms using only Netscape 4.7 as the client (No JInitiator).

I am finishing up a training management application. I need to be able to start client's Internet Explorer browser and point it to a specific URL. The URL I'm going to is an on-line training site that only works with IE. I can't use Web.Show_Document, because that simply starts another instance of Netscape.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Jeff Whippo
jeff.whippo_at_home.com
Hampton, VA Received on Sat Nov 04 2000 - 01:05:56 CET

Original text of this message