Re: Why use Forms and not Delphi

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 01:16:29 GMT

Arie,
Hi.
We have apps in both Forms and Delphi. I am a project lead for both types...
I would say that each has its own particular benefits and deficits.

Oracle Reports is really powerful once you understand its quirks... while QuickReports is a big headache.

On the other hand, Delphi grid objects are really "sweet" and easy, while Forms uses a completely different approach. Othertimes, the Forms methodology is way easier than the Delphi grid approach...

So, I would say it depends on the need...

Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter
Brea, California

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 02:16:29 CET

Original text of this message