Re: need help to connect to DB.

From: Birger Johansson <birger.johansson_at_ibitec.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:11:59 GMT

Hi Pavan!

Don't know if this is the best way, but I have used OCI, Oracle Call Interface, earlier to connect to Oracle in a C++ application. OCI is an API for C programs, and a bit low level perhaps, but using the documentation there should not be that much problem getting it to work as wanted. Unfortunately I don't work with this application anymore, so I can't give you more detailed information.

Regards,

    /Birger Johansson

In article <8spllf$63m$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   pavkb_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering how can we connect to the ORacle DB which is
> running on a UNIX platform like version 7.1 using a C/C++ program on
> the same unix platform.
>
> I am looking to see if there is anything in Oracle which is
 similar
> to db or CT library in sybase. i want to know the name & the specific
> api calls i can issue to connect to the DB & do an SQL operation.
>
> Please reply back as soon as possible.
>
> THanks a lots folks
>
> Pavan
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/