Re: Oracle Designer 6i Error message

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:43:32 GMT

A few things.

You can see all that all the requirements have blue check marks and still not have everything set up properly. It is very important to read the installation/migration instructions step-by-step. You should make sure your tnsnames.ora for the target database, the source database (if any) and the repository database all have the same settings. If migrating, Designer will want to set up a link between source and target databases. Make sure your init.ora parameters do not prohibit this. You do not need to create all the index and data tablespaces Designer suggests, but you definitely don't want to put anything unnecessary in the System tablespace.

Van