Re: connection error

From: <villagefox_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:18:24 GMT

I don't know if this answers your question because we don't use JSP here. Since Oracle returned a "scrambled" Net8 address descriptor in its error message, I assume it had trouble sync'ing the connect request from JSP to the listener.ora on the server. One thing you might check is whether or not the listener (on the server) is monitoring port 2481 (default port for the Java vm in the database). When I type "oerr tns 12505" on my Solaris server, it tells me that the 12505 err is caused by not being able to find the specified SID in the listener's tables.

In article <8s6lmv$su8$1_at_naxos.belnet.be>,   "Valgaeren Dirk" <DValgaeren_at_Cereus.BE> wrote:
> In my JSP file I want to make a connection with an Oracle database.
> Now I have the following error:
>
> An error occurred: Connection
> refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135286784)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=
 (ERROR=(
> CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))
>
> How can I solve this problem??

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 19:18:24 CEST

Original text of this message