Re: What else does a DBA work with?

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:33:32 GMT

About the host OS: the more you know the easier the job. Especialy the serverside part of it. For the programming language I would say that a basic knowledge of PL/SQL is required. Plain SQL*Plus won't be enough. And of course if youre job also means assisting the developers you need to know the languages that they are using. However, basic knowledge should be sufficient.

Regards,
BertJan Meinders
Oracle DBA
ASR-ICT In article <Pine.OSF.4.21.0010131550200.4656-100000_at_Bayou.UH.EDU>,   H_H <gucciard_at_Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Other than knowing the Oracle database management software, which
> other software packages or technologies does/may a DBA work with? For
> instance, to what extent should a DBA know Oracle's host operating
> system? What about programming languages (besides SQL)?
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
> H_H

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 10:33:32 CEST

Original text of this message