Exit_form fails after upgrading to 6.0

From: <jb_jones_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:03:08 GMT

[Quoted] We recently upgraded from Dev 1.6 to Dev 6.0. We now have a problem where calling exit_form intermittently causes the application to crash. This is running on HP Unix (not PC's) against Oracle 8.0.5. The situation is:
Form A calls Form B. After changing and committing data in Form B, the key-commit trigger calls exit_form(NO_VALIDATE). At this point, the application crashes, dumping the user to the Unix prompt. This happens roughly 10% of the time, and we have not seen anything that differentiates a session that crashes from a session that succeeds. Instead of using Exit_form, we have tried using NEW_FORM and then exiting from the new form, but NEW_FORM fails as well. We reported this exit_form problem to Oracle, but from reading the TARs, it looks like other people have experienced it as well when exiting a called form, and it appears that Oracle does not have a patch or know of a work-around. If anyone has found a work-around, I would appreciate it very much.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 13 2000 - 20:03:08 CEST

Original text of this message