Re: Pls Help: Oracle 8.1.6 & Linux Install

From: Eric Indiogine <hindiogine_at_spinn.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:55:44 -0600

Greetings,

[Quoted] I have installed 8.1.6 on Red Hat Linux 6.2. If I am not mistaken you do not create the UNIX user groups
[Quoted] sysdba and sysoper, but only oinstall. sysdba and sysoper are Oracle roles that [Quoted] the install routine assigns to the oinstall group.

Let me know if I am mistaken.

Eric Indiogine