can not log in with Oracle DBA Studio???

From: Jeff Fongemie <Jeff_at_Fongemie.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:47:22 GMT

[Quoted] Hi Everyone, I've got about 5 hours total time into Oracle so I'm quite green.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I just installed Oracle 8i Personal on my Win2000 notebook. Install seemed [Quoted] [Quoted] to go fine. Now I can't use the Oracle DBA Studio. It asks for a login and [Quoted] [Quoted] password to connect, but everything I try won't work. "I get TNS could not [Quoted] resolve service name".

[Quoted] I can log in with SQL plus, using system as login and manager as password.

[Quoted] [Quoted] What's up with Studio? Why won't it connect?

Help.

Jeff Fongemie Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 03:47:22 CEST

Original text of this message