Re: Reports 3.0.5 : Select Printer + PaperTray

From: Steve E. <steve.eckersley_at_ITS.lancscc.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 15:51:53 +0100

There is a built-in package called SRW.set_printer_tray - it accepts the parameters 'Upper' and 'Lower' (note initial capitals). Give the user the choice before firing the print and then use this in a before_report_trigger to set the print tray. Note - Unfortunately in my experience not all printers recognise 'Upper' and 'Lower' as being upper and lower, however they always come out of different bins - educate your user to remember which bin to choose for their printer and they should be alright - I mask upper/lower as bin1/bin2 to save confusion.

Hope this helps

Steve E.