WebDB

From: Lutz Pusecker <lpusecker_at_kmb-consulting.de>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 20:04:58 +0200

Hi Stephan,

what you've seen (tested) is the WebDB Designer. It is used for Administrators to build Websites. You can create with WebDB (iPortal) fully functional Websites. Try the Website-Builder inside from WebDB. I know that there are some WebDB-Functions which are for ...users... but all these Functions are used for administration-users. No internet user can create his own tables/views/functions...

If you are looking for a Website-Authoring-Tool try "www.webag.com". The "Automat" Engine is complete written in PL/SQL (Oracle 8i).

Lutz
kmb-consulting

Hi,

Just wondering if WebDB is a good choice for the internet.

I installed it and looked at it. To my opinion it's a graet environment for
LAN's (where you know your users). Each users can create his/her tables and
views. But this is NOT what I want on the internet.

We are thinking about building internet-applications (ASP), but do not now
exactly what we need. Oracle 8i? WebDB?

Stephan Received on Sat Sep 30 2000 - 20:04:58 CEST

Original text of this message