tempory tables dropped automatically when user logs out

From: Corto Maltese <corto_at_castel.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:12:13 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] Is there a possibility to drop the earlier created tables from the users when they log out?
I want to create tables with Forms or ReporWriter reports to simplify the selection of data, if possible the tables should be released automatically when the report or form is closed or ready. This to still have the advantage to use tables with complicated selections (make it faster and easier). I need the tables dropped to avoid pollution of the tablespace. Additionally: the users are (initially) not able (rights) to create tables, this should be solved also.

I was thinking if there was a possibility to give the users permission to create tables on a temp tablespace in combination of something that ensures you the tables are dropped (of that specific user or connection and not the one's of his colleagues) when the form or report is ready or exited.

Best regards and have a nice weekend.

CM.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 16:12:13 CEST

Original text of this message