Output a EAN barcode to a PDF file

From: Matteo Vitturi <mvitturi_at_libero.it>
Date: 15 Sep 2000 16:43:18 +0200

Does anyone of you succeeded in generate a Acrobat PDF file using Oracle Reports 3.0 on a DYNIX / Sequent? And if yes, how have you done?

I tried that on a Windows NT using a shareware True Type Font, so coding the barcode like a ASCII string and worked fine.

For example, the following EAN-8

    26280295
(where 5 is the check digit) is coded with the string

    b628|PRYu
uging the appropriate font.

When I tried to run the *very same* report on the DYNIX, Reports "adds" some space between each two character like "b 6 2 8 |" truncating the string I coded to the 9th char.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

Matteo Vitturi <mvitturi_at_aive.it>
Matteo Vitturi <mvitturi_at_libero.it>
--
Posted from 213.82.64.18 by way of smtp4.libero.it [193.70.192.54]