WebDB 3.0 (Oracle Portal) v's Forms 4.5

From: default <mcguirjg.delete_this_spam_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:07:12 +0100

[Quoted] Hello. We have an aplication developed with forms 4.5 looking at an oracle 7.3.4 database. We are looking to deploy these forms using perhaps WebDB 3.0 or as it is called now Oracle Portal. My question is really can can Oracle Portals forms match the functionality of Forms 4.5

e.g.
[Quoted] 1.Automatic email generation upon an event
[Quoted] 2.Ability to handle more than one LOV on a form
[Quoted] 3 Drop down list: If from a Drop Down List a customer was selected then [Quoted] another drop down list would get populated with info regarding that customer.
[Quoted] 4 Sequence number generation.
[Quoted] [Quoted] 5 Ability to display error messages in a friendly and informative manner.

[Quoted] I really need to be able to find out how powerful is WEBDB 3.0 (Oracle Portal)

In your opinion I am even looking at the correct tool. The ability to controll access level etc is brillaint but what about the rest ??

Could you advise me or point me in the correct direction. THank you for your help. Received on Wed Sep 13 2000 - 13:07:12 CEST

Original text of this message