Re: Data Entry to Oracle

From: <gjlinker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:04:09 GMT

[Quoted] Have you considered inserting from Excel? My SQL*XL tool can take a spreadsheet full of data from Excel and post it into an Oracle table. The process is very simpel and takes a few mouse clicks. Have a look at SQL*XL at http://www.oraxcel.com

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker

In article <8mv0k5$4d8$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   mikhail.malamud_at_ctny.com wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I have a freshly designed database(Oracle 8.1.6) running on Linux.
> Unfortunately our client is not well familiar with SQL or concept of
> relational database for that sake. I am looking for a software
> tool/package that will allow them insert/update/review data without
> knowledge of SQL. Our first attempt was to use ODBC connection through
> Access. Access Blows. I am looking for something that was designed
 with
> Oracle in mind and more or less "user friendly."
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mikhail
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Sep 03 2000 - 00:04:09 CEST

Original text of this message