Re: Converting SQLPLUS output to HTML

From: <vorg_at_vorg.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 02:07:13 GMT

Hi,

I've used HTP.PRINT to wrap PLSQL extracts of data around HTML commands. It looks just like any PLSQL procedure but all lines of output are actual HTML strings with the relevant tabs. You lose the SQL*Plus SUM, AVG etc functions and so forth, so this may not be ideal for you!

When I provided such a solution for a complex set of reports, I used choices made by users to determine which types of reports are generated, and the URL displayed all the relevant pages after calling the relavant stored procedure through OSA.

But I can't find it on my Oracle 8i installation for Win98.

My question to anyone else responding to this is:

Has something replaced HTP.PRINT from Oracle 7? Is there some SQL installation I have to perform as SYS on my Oracle8i for Win98?
How do you go about doing the same thing as I described above in Oracle 8i?

Thanks
stevev