Report-Elasticity Question

From: <perkinsdt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:40:57 GMT

I am trying to display a parameter in the header page of a report. The parameter information can be a delimited list. I am looking to have a text field that displays this information to expand to accordate the length of the information in the parameter. The parameter width is 1024 to be able to accept any length of string.

I created a text field and set the width to 150. I set Horizontal Elasticity to fixed and the Vertical Elasticity to variable. It cuts off the right end of the line.
Example: I put in : Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party. The red fox jumped over the lazy brown dog.   What displays is:
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party. The red--the rest of this line got cut off instead of wraping. brown dog.--this is what was on the second line.   Does anybody know Why??? I have tried everything I can think of, There must be some combination I am not trying. Thanks
Diane Perkins
perkinsdt_at_navair.navy.mil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 31 2000 - 22:40:57 CEST

Original text of this message