Re: Oracle Returns Error When Adding Record To Recordset With ADO

From: Quoth The Raven <Quoth_the_Raven_at_newsguy.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 19:13:13 -0600

[Quoted] It sounds like you the OLE DB provider you are using (this could be the Oracle OLE DB Provider, the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle or the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC or some other 3rd party Provider) doesn't support adding records to recordset objects. You may try to get around this by using a different provider.

However, using the AddNew method is probably the slowest way to insert a record into the table. Your application will likely perform and scale better if you dynamically create a SQL string and use the Command.Execute method, or better yet create a stored procedure and call it with a Command object as well.

Good Luck!