PL/SQL functions

From: Sandy <daleelaNOdaSPAM_at_usa.net.invalid>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:53:59 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] I would like to know if there is any function that :
- for a number to add as many 0 (zeros ) than it will reach
the maximum size of the variable which will contain it.

for example : there is a variable DOLLAR in number(10) and in this variable i put 225 so i would like it to be 0000000225.

  • in the same way i would like to put spaces variables in varchar types.

So it would be a function that would have in input : the character i want to put (space or zero), the max size, and my variable.

Or maybe it would be a function which would act in the one or the other way if it 's a number or a varchar variable.

I hope it is clear
THanks

Sandy

  • Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful