Re: file text

From: Sandy <daleelaNOdaSPAM_at_usa.net.invalid>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 06:21:15 -0700

Hello Michel,

Thanks for your answer.
[Quoted] But I still have questions because I am kinda new in oracle.
1)Does the utl_file package belongs to the user sys ??? [Quoted] 2)After I add add a parameter to your init.ora file: utl_file_dir='c:\test' I have to restart the database ? [Quoted] that's what you meant by bounce ? and to restart a database on NT I suppose I have to stop and restart a service which one is it ?
[Quoted] 3)WHat I don't know what to do is to give to oracle the read/write privilege on the directory. I meant on NT I will create a user named oracle ? and which password I would give to him ? In the oracle database does the user oracle exist ?

[Quoted] Sorry for asking so many questions, but the less we know and the more we ask :-)

Thanks

Sandy

  • Have a nice day Michel
    • Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful