Re: file text

From: Sandy <daleelaNOdaSPAM_at_usa.net.invalid>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 02:58:32 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] Yes I am trying to use the utl_file I found when i searched for the text_io package. They were saying in the book that the text_io is for the client side and I need something in the server side .
I am trying with a small example :

procedure test
is

v_outputfile UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;

begin

v_outputfile:=UTL_FILE.FOpen('c:\test\','toto.txt','a'); UTL_FILE.PUTF(v_outputFile,'coucou');
UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(v_outputFile);

end;

This procedure is created under the schema "Alan". When I execute this procedure when i am connected under Alan, it doesn't work. I suppose I must give him permissions, but which ones ?
Maybe it is kinda dangerous because i will put this on the web and each user connected will have rights to write on this directory. What do you think ?

Thanks a lot

SAndy

  • Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful