JDBC Not throwing an exception (hanging)

From: <rdiaz_at_apexon.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 21:10:38 GMT

Hi All,
We are using thin Jdbc Driver given by Oracle. I found a bug in this Driver. Problem is, if set Data in PrepareStatement using setMethods ( ), is setting and compiling when Executing, if the data is mismatched, it is not throwing any Exceptions. It is simply hanging not coming out of the try/catch.

Example:
psmt = conn.PrepareStatemen( "insert into alert_0001_abn(alert_id, supplier_id, company_id) values(?, ?, ?));

psmt.setInt(1, 100000);
psmt.setString(2,"s001");
psmt.setObject(3, "x1000"); // if company_id is a number,

// it hands here. Shouldn't an
// exception be thrown here?

psmt.executeUpdate( );

If any body knows this problem, I hope you can lend me a hand.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 18 2000 - 23:10:38 CEST

Original text of this message