Re: Why I cannot discover databases in oracle enterprise manager

From: Campbell Boucher-Burnet <boucherb_at_cableregina.com>
Date: 2000/08/11

Try starting OracleOraHome81Agent NT Service(or whatever the installation named that service) It is installed as a manual start service by default, and that is actually what OEM is trying to discover. If you use OEM regularly, try making the service automatic.

Also, OracleOraHome81ManagerServer service must be running. (but I guess you figured that out, as you got OEM running to the point of getting the discovery dialog)

Sincerely,

     Campbell Boucher-Burnet
     President,
     Camco & Associates