Re: shell status checking

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/08/07

/* aficionado mode on */
Why does everyone expect Oracle is a clone of

0) Informix
0) SqlServer
0) Sybase

(Mark all that apply)
It's much more than that!
/* aficionado mode off */

You will search in vain.
You can use a
ps -ef | grep dbwr
if you want to continue using that shell script. However Oracle has Oracle Enterprise Manager, in which you can define events, which will e-mail and/or page the sysadmin out of his bed. To me using OEM looks like a better solution.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA