Re: UTL_FILE use in Anonymous PL/SQL Block

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/08/04

pmohanan_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> hi..All,
>
> I have an anonymous PL/SQL block. I am trying to open a file to
> write data. But at the stmt
>
> UTL_FILE.FOPEN(o_dir,o_file,'w') generates an user-defined exception. I
> have set the variable UTL_FILE_DIR also.
>
> IS is not possible to use this package in an anonymous PL/SQL Block?
>
> Regards,
>
> Praveen
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Yes it is...

Catch the exception with a handler (you can get a list of the exceptions that are possible from the utl_file package spec). Then check the supplied packages manual which describes what is wrong when a particular exception occurs.

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse