separateFrame parameter - what does it do?

From: Michael J. Moore <mNiOcShPaAeMl.j.moore_at_wcom.com>
Date: 2000/07/31

What is the container for the form client applet when the client is launched with separateFrame=true?
It looks to me like it is running the Applet viewer, because in the title bar of the window there is the Java coffee cup icon. Also the area in the window that contains applet is re-sizable by manually changing the window size; unlike an applet imbedded in a browser which is restricted to a fixed height and width. So this makes me think that by selecting separateFrame=true, I am really running an appletviewer. HOWEVER, the oracle documentation does not address what really happens. Furthermore, the documentation on AppletViewer makes no mention of the separateFrame parameter.

So again, what is really running when separateFrame=true

Thanks,
Mike Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message