WebDB 2.2 install hangs on passwd.sql ??

From: al <pabbi_at_swbell.net>
Date: 2000/07/29

I'm running Solaris 8, Oracle 8.1.5, and during the WebDB install, it completes tasks
1-3, but task 4 (Loading examples) hangs on passwd.sql. Disk activity continues
unabated indefinitely (I've let it run for several days). This is on a Sparc10, 192mb,
4gb free disk space. I had no problems on another Sparc10, with Solaris 2.6,
Oracle 8.1.6. I've already reinstalled Oracle, and tried reloading WebDB a second time.
The DB, listener, etc., came up fine prior to both attempted installs. I'm (fairly) confident
all the environment variables (tnsnames, etc.) are correct.

Any ideas ? I've looked at technet.oracle.com, but didn't see anything. Received on Sat Jul 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message