PL/SQL Mutating Table with audit trigger

From: <benitezs_at_answers.com>
Date: 2000/07/27

[Quoted] I am trying to write a trigger that will update a timestamp in the same [Quoted] table the trigger was fired from. With just a trigger I get the mutating table error. I was able to get around this by creating an update before row trigger, passing the :new and :old values to a package, and referencing them with an update after trigger. I also have to maintain a list of columns minus the timestamp column that can be updated to stop from an infinite update loop with the before trigger.

[Quoted] Does anyone know of an easier way to do this?

Thanks,
Scott Benitez

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jul 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message