Re: webdb problems

From: Frank <fbortel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

stoffip_at_my-deja.com wrote:

<snip>
 we insert or update someone webdb show as
> this error :
> An unexpected error occurred: ORA-22816:
> unsupported feature with RETURNING clause (WWV-
> 16016)

According to the (815) doc:
ORA-22816 unsupported feature with RETURNING clause

     Cause: RETURNING clause is currently not supported for object type columns, LONG columns, remote tables and INSERT with

     subquery.

     Action: Use separate SELECT statements to get the values.

So, the posted trigger/view code does not reveal the problem. Are you using 8.1.6 or not? It's one of the minimum requirements, from the Oracle Portal Installation and Release Notes: System Requirements
The following are the recommended and minimum requirements for running Oracle WebDB 3.0 Beta:
Operating Systems
* Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or above * Solaris 2.6 and above
Oracle Database
* Oracle8i (Release 8.1.6)

Hth, Frank Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message