Re: ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: 2000/07/24

This someone is correct. Oracle listens on 1521 (or 1526, which is actually the
old SQL*Net V1 port), but sets up a connection on another port. On Unix, check
with netstat.
Your firewall probably won't allow that, and block it. Finally, the client times out,
and a TNS-12535 results from that. So far the schoolteacher.

(you can try: ask to disable the firewall, and the connection will work)

This problem has been addressed before, and there is a parameter to tell the listener to use a specific port. Problem is, I can't remeber the name, and I failed
to locate it just now.

--
Kind Regards,
Frank