Re: ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out

From: Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net>
Date: 2000/07/22

I don't remember if this is the same as the problem I had before. I checked Metalink, and here's something that fixed me: http://support.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_databa se_id=FOR&p_id=92442.998

Otherwise, here's a snip of the important stuff:

<-----------------------snip------------------------------------------------
------------>
From: Oracle, Rhoderick Butial 28-Jan-00 14:46 Subject: Re : New install connects via loopback but not from other clients

Hello,

Error: ORA-12535 / TNS-12535
Text: TNS:operation timed out

Cause: The requested connection could not be completed within the timeout period specified by the CONNECT_TIMEOUT parameter in listener.ora. This error arises from the tnslsnr. Action: Either reconfigure CONNECT_TIMEOUT to be 0, which means wait indefinitely, or reconfigure CONNECT_TIMEOUT to be some higher value. Or, if the timeout is unacceptably long, turn on tracing for further information.

Error: ORA-12203 / TNS-12203
Text: TNS:unable to connect to destination

Cause: Invalid TNS address supplied or destination is not listening. Action: Ensure that the listener is running at the remote node, or ensure that the ADDRESS parameters specified are correct.

Thank you,

Rod
Oracle Technical Support

HTH,