FORMS: See Current Record

From: NMU User <USER_at_NMU.EDU>
Date: 2000/07/21

Hi all,
[Quoted] I am new to Oracle forms and in the middle of developing a small application that only incorporates 2 tables. My master data block has a SSN and Name Field. My Detail Table is SSN and A 3 digit code the user will enter.

I want the following to occur:
When the user types in the SSN --> I want the name and all codes from the detail to show up on the screen and be ready for more detail records to be added (I have 10 details showing at a time).

When the SSN is one that has not been entered before, it needs to be ready for the user to type in the new data.

I can't seem to get this to go because what I wanted to do was an execute_query in the when_validate_item of the SSN. Execute query is apparently not allowed here.

Sample layout:

SSN 999-99-9999
Name XXXXXXXXXXX

                    Codes
                    999
                    999
                    999
                    999          etc...

Thanks in advance,
-Brian Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message