Re: Populating List Item via Query in Forms 4.5

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co,larimer.co.us>
Date: 2000/07/20

Create the record group in the form builder. Here are snippets from a 5.0 form that should be compatible with 4.5 (it's been over 15 months):

Record Group Name: BUDGET_GROUP_RG
Record Group Query: select name, to_char(budget_group_id) from sal_budget_group order by 1
Column Specifications:

    Name; Char; 80
    ICRGGQ_0; Char; 40 [defaults?]

List Item Name (in Control_Block): BUDGET_GROUP Item Type: List Item
List Style: Poplist
Elements in List: (empty)

Form-level trigger WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE contains:

    Set_Up_List('BUDGET_GROUP', 'BUDGET_GROUP_RG');

Program Unit SET_UP_LIST (Procedure):
PROCEDURE SET_UP_LIST(pList in VARCHAR2, pGroup in VARCHAR2) IS

   vErrFlag NUMBER :=0;
   eListPopulationProblem exception;
BEGIN
  vErrFlag := Populate_Group(pGroup);
  if vErrFlag = 0 then
   Clear_List(pList);
   Populate_List(pList, PGroup);
  elsif vErrFlag = 1403 then

  • No list elements found null; else raise eListPopulationProblem; end if; EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN message('Exception: Could not populate '||pList ||' with query in group '||pGroup||'.'); END Set_Up_List;

See if this helps.

  • Mike