Re: Please comments This Tablespace Setup

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: 2000/07/19

[Quoted] Johnson <syner_at_pd.jaring.my> wrote in message news:8l3o2p$bg2$1_at_news5.jaring.my...
> Hello DBA,
>
> Please comment on this tablespace (Mydata) setup, running in NT, with
> db_block_size = 8k. Do I need to fine tuning or rezise it? Since I put the
> autoextent = ON.
>
> Tablespace storage statistic
> -Total block : 284160
> -Used Block : 283526
> -Free : 634
>
> This tablespace is having 5 datafiles :
> - Data1 - 75520 Blocks
> - Data2 - 20480 Blocks
> - Data3 - 12800 Blocks
> - Data4 - 12800 Blocks
> - Data5 - 162560 Blocks
>
> The default storage
> - Initial - 40960
> - next - 40960
> - Min Ext - 1
> - Max Ext - 505
> - Pct increase - 50

[Quoted] PCTINCREASE should never be anything other than zero (fragmentation). MAXEXTENT of 505?? Unusual number...but regardless, for optimal [Quoted] performance, no segment should ever have more than half a dozen extents.

Incidentally, the autoextend clause should never be specified unless you are [Quoted] [Quoted] opting out of continually monitoring your database and doing *proactive* management, instead of mere firefighting.

Regards
HJR