Re: GO_ITEM question (Form Builder)

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/07/18

"Stefan Röhle" <roehle_at_mail.uni-mainz.de> wrote in message news:397471BE.6CFD72DA_at_mail.uni-mainz.de...
> Hi,
>
> when I jump into a field with the go_item function, the text that has
> already been entered into the field is 'selected' (as if you had
> selected it with the mouse in order to copy it).
> So if you press a key (except the cursor keys of course) the whole
> content of the field is being overwritten.
> How can I jump into a field without 'selecting' the content?
> Thanks.
>
> Stefan Röhle
>
> PS: Please reply via email as well.

Man, I wish Oracle had a switch for this! (Powerbuilder does - called "Autoselection".) We run forms 6.0 but in character mode (don't ask...not my decision on that one) and in character mode it's not even visible to the user that the field's value is selected.

As another poster said, try "Keep cursor position" = "YES".

However, if you want to start at the beginning of the field *and* not select the whole thing, I have a workaround but it's rather involved and also is rather strange. Email me back at mcb_at_sd.znet.com if you really need to know.

-Matt Received on Tue Jul 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message