ORA-06502 using stored procedure

From: <mfugazi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/17

Hi,

[Quoted] I have declared a stored procedure in Oracle with a varchar2 out parameter.

Create or Replace procedure
sp_name ( a_string out varchar2)

Then, I've declared a variable number(9,3), which is initialized by a select statement.

v_number number(9,3);
select a_col into v_number from a_table;

Now, I want to convert the value of v_number to a string and put the result into a_string.

select to_char(v_number,'999999.99') into a_string from dual;

But when I run the procedure, I got this message ORA-06502, "PL/SQL: numeric or value error"

Is there someone who could help me with this ?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message