Re: svrmgrl problem

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/07/14

[Quoted] This is new for 8i on NT and I found out the frustrating way. In Oracle 8i on NT, the ORACLE_SID is not set for you when you use the DOS window. You'll have to manually set it by "set ORACLE_SID=sid" before starting SVRGRML. In Oracle 8, you could set up a default SID by putting an ORACLE_SID registry entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oracle. In Oracle 8i, you can do the same, but you have to put the registry entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oracle\HOME0 (for the Oracle Home).

HTH,
Brian

Francis Wong wrote:

> When I run svrmgrl, I got the error "TNS protocol problem". Then I cannot
> connect using any username(not even connect / as sysdba). This only happens
> when the database is not up. If the database is already up, I can start
> svrmgrl without any problem. What is wrong with my setup.
>
> I have Oracle8i on NT4 workstation.

Brian Peasland
[Quoted] Raytheons Systems at
  USGS EROS Data Center