Re: Oracle 8i client-only install?

From: root <root_at_orbmedia.com>
Date: 2000/07/06

What do you mean there is no "client only install"? I just did two of them today using the Oracle Univeral installer on Sun Ultra 5's to create client only installs to an Oracle8i server. There are going to be 3 choices, administrator, programmer and end-user. Note that the end-user install is very bare-bones and does not even include sqlplus. You probably want to shoot for the programmer install. By the way it was on the same exact media (CDROM) as the server itself if that helps.