Re: Get date for floating holiday, ie Thanksgiving

From: David Van Zandt <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net>
Date: 2000/06/30

[Quoted] If you mean something like "select x from dual where holiday = Thanksgiving", no. A good question; but bear in mind you'd have to have [Quoted] some huge effort to track such holidays for EVERY country. Or if an atheist demanded exclusion of all religious holidays? Or if we included [Quoted] all holidays for all religions? AARRGH!

Then there are the state holidays, and congressional designations (why Fathers' Day, but not National Pickle Day).... But I digress <grin>.

Or did you mean something more like selecting month = 06 and week = x and day = y?