How to fire an alert if field is DISABLED?

From: Richard Hollingsworth <william.hollingsworth_at_hsv.boeing.com>
Date: 2000/06/20

Hi.

[Quoted] Forms 5.0 / Oracle 8.0.5 / WIndows NT 4.0

On my form, I set the field's property ENABLED to 'No' so a typical user CANNOT get to it. Only user Mike Sutton can change this field.

Ok, I tied an alert to the field so that when a user clicks on it, the alert fires.

Only problem is, evidently, when the field is disabled, it ignores mouse clicks, so my "WHEN-MOUSE-CLICK" trigger never fires.

How would you fire an alert on a field that is disabled?

Here is my current (non-working) code....

DECLARE
   item_id ITEM;
   alert_button NUMBER;
BEGIN
-- enable Work Authority for Mike Sutton only. message('Current user is '||USER);

      if USER = 'MIKESUTTON' THEN
         item_id := FIND_ITEM('change_request.work_authority');
         set_item_property(item_id, ENABLED, PROPERTY_TRUE);
         set_item_property(item_id, UPDATEABLE, PROPERTY_TRUE);
         set_item_property(item_id, INSERT_ALLOWED, PROPERTY_TRUE);
      else
         alert_button := show_alert('not_authorized_alert');
      end if;

END; Thanks,

Richard Hollingsworth Received on Tue Jun 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message