Oracle, PHP, and Apache - number of inactive sessions

From: <ctenos_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/20

We are having some issues with our configuration. Any help would be appreciated. Also, is there a way to kill sessions via SQL*Plus?

Thanks in advance,

-C!

Issue:
After a while a large number of sessions are kept alive on the Oracle side of things from the ((we assume) the Apache server process in the Linux box. We are using OCILogoff after all transactions. Is there a way for the sessions to be closed after each transaction is completed???? Or to force the web server to pipe all interactions with the Oracle server via 5 sessions/connections?

Configuration:
Oracle 8.1.6i running on solaris 7 (SUN E250) Apache Server 1.3.12 on a linux 6.2 machine PHP 4.0 with the OCI8 module loaded

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message