Re: ProC Mystery

From: Dieter Rohlfing <320003300523_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2000/06/18

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000 16:05:16 GMT, Melissa <mp2114_at_my-deja.com> wrote:

>Actually, it was a mystery to me because my co-worker had several of the
>
>EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND DO BREAK;
>
>in other functions, but not in this particular function. Could it be
>possible that, for whatever reason, the precompiler picked up this line
>from one of the other functions? When I commented out this line out of
>all of the functions that he had created before adding this function,
>the file was able to compile fine.

A "EXEC SQL WHENEVER ..." statement is effective from the point of appearance up to the next "EXEC SQL WHENEVER ..." statement or the end of the source file, whatever comes first. It's independent of the execution sequence.

>I just found it very strange.

Again, I suggest to read the "Pro*C/C++ Precompiler Programmer's Guide", chapter 11 "Handling Runtime Errors". After that, it won't be strange to you (of course, if you understand the meaning of the text).

Dieter Rohlfing Received on Sun Jun 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message