Can't write to LONG RAW using APPENDCHUNK , ASP

From: BF <BF_at_somewhere.com>
Date: 2000/06/16

I am using ASP to append and retrieve data from Oracle 7.3 database using the long raw field. The problem is, AppendChunk appears to work, but when the script completes, the data is no longer in the database. A call to ActualSize gives '4' as the amount of data stored. If I do a GetChunk, it gives a ASP 0115 error. However, if I call GetChunk in the same database connection, it works, and I can retrieve the data just written. It's just that the data disappears as soon as the connection is closed. Note that the transaction is properly updated and closed since other fields get updated correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

B Received on Fri Jun 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message