Re: Line numbers in stored procedures

From: Phil Britton <phil.britton_at_prismtechnologies.com>
Date: 2000/06/14

"Phil Jollans" <Phil.Jollans_at_messring.de> writes:

> Using Oracle DBA Studio I can view errors in stored procedures along with
> line numbers.
> How can I relate the line numbers in the package to line numbers in my file?

Unfortunately because of comments and white space the line numbers don't match up too well. To get a loook at the code say for example the line number reported is 1045 then i usually look at the code by doing the following query.

select line,text from user_source where line between 1040 and 1050 where name = '<my procedure name>';

this gives me ten lines of code with the line where the error is in the middle.

If you've got Steve Feuersteins PL/SQL book (everybody doing PL/SQL should have it)that has a script for doing this in a more sophisticated way

HtH

Phil (also)

--
Philip W. Britton