Re: Rollback segment problem

From: Kari Pannila <Xkari.pannila_at_tietoenator.com>
Date: 2000/06/13

Paolo Polce wrote:

> When I try to delete a huge number of rows in a table, I do sometimes get
> a message from oracle telling me that I reaced the maximum extent (100) for
> my rollback segment.
> What I do is a "alter rollback segment myrbs shrink" then I retry the
> operation and it goes...
>
> But... how should I fix the problem?

   Increase the MAXEXTENTS for your rollback segments. Check also    that there is enough space for the new extents in the tablespace.

regards Kari

(Mr.) Kari Pannila

      Oracle DBA (OCP)

--

PS. Delete X from my mail address , it (X) is only for SPAMMERS.
    Poista X mail-osoitteen edestä, se on SPAMmereita varten.