Webforms freezes intermittently

From: Paul <phillNOphSPAM_at_lcsltd.demon.co.uk.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/09

We have a custom application, running on webforms which has been live for over 6 months now. During these 6 months the users experience intermittent hangs i.e. while using a form it freezes for no obvious reason. Sometimes we get an FRM-99999 error, but usually there is no error message displayed. Usually, the client side functionality still works i.e. clicking on a menu option displays sub-options, nodes of a tree item can be expanded/contracted, however the keys do not work and any functionality requiring the forms server does not work i.e. clicking on a button, choosing a menu option etc.

Having spent a lot of time tracing forms, the forms server and web server and liasing with Oracle support, we are still no closer to resolving this problem.

Has anyone had similar problems?
Is anyone using Windows 95 on the client?

[Quoted] Our hardware/software setup is as follows:

Client:
Windows 95
Netscape Navigator 4.5+
Jinitiator 1.1.7.16

Middle Tier
Sequent Dynix/ptx 4.4.2
OAS 4.0.7.1.0
Forms 6.0.5.33.0 (developer 6 + patchset 5)

Database
(same machine as middle tier)
Oracle 7.3.4.4.0

I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Regards.
Paul Hill

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!