Fat vs Thin Citrix vs OAS

From: Jerry Alan Braga <jabraga_at_golden.net>
Date: 2000/06/09

[Quoted] Currently we run fat client for all our developer form/report applications.

We now are starting to develop applications that we be run by users over a WAN Frame-relay network that runs at 56k

We are looking at a possible shift from using FAT client to either FAT/Citrix or THIN/web brower and the oracle way of doing it.

  1. Is there anyone out there that has experience in either?
  2. What are the pros/cons of each one?
  3. Which way is better ?, more stable ?, costly ?
  4. What are the development requirements of doing it the WWW way.

We currently are developing using Dev2k (forms 5, reports 3 etc) We do have developer 6.x but have not started to use it Do we wait for Developer 6i Received on Fri Jun 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message