How to identify package owner within a PL/SQL package procedure

From: tcarey_at_prodigy <tony.carey_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 2000/06/07

[Quoted] To anyone who can help:

[Quoted] I have a DB user 'A', that have execution rights to a package that DB user
'B' owns.

When DB user 'A' executes a procedure in the package, it uses the Oracle
'USER' function to identify who he is. But I also need to know the owner
of the package while I am executing the procedure. Is there another Oracle function or query that I can invoke within the procedure that will tell me who the owner of the package is?

DB user 'B' has the DBA role assigned to it. Keep in mind, that when DB user 'A' executes the procedure it executes it with DB user 'B' privileges.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message