Re: Date formating without using Format mask

From: Ken Halsted <kenman_at_mail.snider.net>
Date: 2000/06/05

Join the crowd.

I've been wanting Oracle to come up with a way to do this for years. They need a <data entry mask> AND a <display mask>. That would fix everything. Why they don't do it is beyond me.

A programmer here wrote a Library to do this for us but it's almost not worth the trouble because you have to define the field in the form as a VARCHAR2 instead of a date.

If you ever find a way, email me, please!!!! :-)

Ken Halsted.

"ravioli" <rsmurthy_98NOrsSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:21a2fc87.b972a958_at_usw-ex0110-076.remarq.com...
> Help!!. Help!! In forms I want to enter date
> without the '/' and display the entered date with '/'. If
> you include the format mask the forms expects the '/'.
>
> I hope someone can help me
>
> Forms should
> allow date entry as:
> mmddyy
> mmddyyyy
>
> GUI
> should reformat and display as:
> mm/dd/yy
>

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message