university graduate seeking for IT position

From: NgKH <ngkh_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

[Quoted] To whom that would be interested:

[Quoted]         Thank you for your time for reading this message. I am 4th year

[Quoted] a student in University of Toronto studying in Acturial Science / Statistics /
Computer Science, and currently in the last term of my study. I am only

[Quoted] studying two courses this term, and I will be graduating after the summer term. I am currently looking for challenging IT position that enables me further enhance and increase my knowledge of information technology, right now I am looking for full time position since my courses are only scheduled at night time.

If you can help me with a job please reply to my email address at ngkh_at_home.com

sorry for if it has cost you any trouble or taken you any valuable to reading this message. Thanks!
enclosed is a text version of my resume

yours truly
Edgar Ng

                                            Edgar Ka Ho Ng

                                        60 Fieldview Crescent
                                    Markham Ontario, L3R 3H7
                                                    Canada
                                    Telephone: 905-479-0759
                                            Fax:905-479-0759
                                        Email: ngkh_at_home.com
                        Homepage: http://members.home.net/ngkh

COMPUTER SKILLS

  • Knowledgeable in programming languages such as Java, C, C++, and Turing
  • Well experience in web page construction
  • Good knowledge with internet scripting languages on HTML, Java script and CGI programming
  • High knowledge in graphical applications on Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe PageMaker, Corel Draw and Corel Photo Paint
  • Extensive experience with various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, WordPerfect, and Lotus
  • Good Experience on various operation system such as Win95/98, Unix, Linux, Windows 3.1 and Dos

EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS

  • Currently studying forth year in University of Toronto in Actuarial Science/Statistics/Computer Science
  • Completed Secondary education with Ontario Secondary School Diploma, 1996
  • Received an Ontario Secondary School Scholarship in 1996

RELEVANT COMPUTER EXPERIENCE   Web Page Designer

  • Currently working on the re-construction and modification of my personal website: http://members.home.net/ngkh
  • Constructing various online game writing in Java and a Japanese Animation website
  • Construct websites for various small companies and computer shops
  • Modify and update websites for various home offices and small companies
  • Helping out students in high school for website construction
  • Took part on the homepage modifications on Chinese Information and Community Services
  • Given several seminars on basic homepage construction concept to employees of Chinese Information and Community Services

Computer Technician

  • In charge of all computers in Chinese Information and Community Services
  • Database modifications in the agency’s invoices
  • Setting up and maintained computer networks
  • Detecting and maintaining all hardware and software
  • Given several seminars on desktop publishing to employees of the agency
  • Constructions of many posters, website banners, signs and flyers for upcoming activities

Computer Tutor

  • Tutoring students on basic programming in Java, C, and Turing
  • Given several at home lessons on HTML and Java script
  • Given several month tutorial lessons on basic usage on constructing and modifying picture file such as JPEG, GIFS, and BMPS, in Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and Corel Photo paint

CURRENT PROJECTS

  • Re-Designing my homepage, which consists of a high-speed connection version and a slow speed phone line connection. The high-speed connection consists of flash plug in, high-resolution graphics etc.
  • Developing a website for private tutoring agencies.

WORK EXPERIENCE 1997 – present(Freelance) Web Page Designer 1997 – present Web Page Tutor
1997 – present Volunteer, Chinese Information and Community Services 1997 summer Computer Support Technician, Chinese Information and Community Services
1995 – 1996 High School Math and Physics Tutor

ACTIVITIES 1997 August 1-3 Volunteer in Chinese Information and Community Services on “Very Healthy Action” at Pacific Mall 1997 August 9 Volunteer in Chinese Information and Community Services on

“New Comers Orientation Day”

INTERESTS

  • Spend a great portion of spare time reading websites on internet
  • Constructing personal websites for friends and relatives
  • Desktop publishing – mostly on pictures modifications
  • Sports such as squash, swimming and badminton
  • Reading current technology and investment journals
  • Strategies, simulations and role playing computer games
  • Extremely socialable

REFERENCE  Available upon request Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message